Why Healthy Teeth Are So Important
When your picture is being taken, you say cheese and smile! When you see the picture, you see a happy and smiling person looking back at you. Why is that? Because, stronger and healthier your teeth are, happier you’ll look.
Taking care of your teeth helps prevent plaque, which is a coat of bacteria that sticks to your teeth and feed over the sugar on your teeth. They break it down into acids that eat away tooth enamel, causing holes called cavities.
If you want to take care of your teeth and look your best, drop in at Sugar Land, Texas and avail the expertise of our dentist in Sugar Land to keep any kind of dental pain and sickness.
Tips for Healthy Teeth:
- Brush your teeth twice a day – after breakfast and last thing before going to bed. Don’t have anything after you have brushed.
- Use a small toothbrush with soft bristles. Hard and medium bristled toothbrushes can damage gums and teeth.
- Fluoride toothpaste is the best. Children below 6 years need to use a special children’s toothpaste.
- Dental floss are good to clean between the teeth, but should only be used if you know how to use it.
- Dental trip can be arranged by the school for check-ups, treatment and to learn how to look after their teeth properly.
Tips for parents to make brushing easy and fun:
- Parents should make the toothbrush a New Toy for their kid. They can buy them a colorful or cartoon-themed brush, which can motivate them to use it.
- Get into the habit of brushing with your child.
- Always encourage your kid to brush regularly by gifting them a small toy every month.
- Give an option to kids to choose their favorite flavor.
- Try to stress the importance of brushing by telling them stories related to oral health and hygiene.
If you want to keep any kind of dental diseases and infections at bay, Dentist at Sugar Land, Texas, 77479 will be delighted to be part of your dental health journey. So, book your appointment with a dentist near you.