Learn about Dental Implants and how Texan Smile can help you!
Schedule your free consultation today at Texan Smile Sugar Land. Get started on your perfect smile today. Payment Plans available
What are dental implants? What are the Dental Implant benefits?
Dental implants are artificial tooth roots made of titanium that are placed into the jawbone to provide a permanent base for replacement teeth. They are a popular option for people who have lost teeth due to injury, periodontal disease, or other reasons.
Dental implants have several benefits over other tooth replacement options such as dentures or bridges. Some of these benefits include:
- Improved appearance: Dental implants look and feel like natural teeth, and can be customized to match the color and shape of your existing teeth.
- Improved speech: Unlike dentures that can slip and cause speech difficulties, dental implants allow you to speak clearly and confidently.
- Improved comfort: Dental implants become a part of your jawbone, providing a stable and comfortable base for replacement teeth.
- Improved eating: Dental implants allow you to eat your favorite foods without worrying about them slipping or falling out like dentures can.
- Improved oral health: Dental implants do not require the reduction of neighboring teeth, which is often necessary with bridges. This helps to preserve the natural structure of your teeth and promotes better oral health.
- Overall, dental implants are a long-lasting and effective option for people who want to replace missing teeth and improve their oral health and appearance.
Dental implant Procedure
The process of getting a dental implant typically involves several steps and can take several months to complete. Here is a general overview of the process:
Consultation: The first step is a consultation with a dental professional to determine if you are a good candidate for dental implants. This may involve a dental exam, X-rays, and other tests.
Planning: Once you are determined to be a good candidate, your dental professional will create a customized treatment plan based on your specific needs. This will include determining the number and location of implants needed, as well as any additional procedures that may be necessary, such as bone grafting.
Implant placement: The first surgical procedure involves placing the dental implant into the jawbone. This is typically done under local anesthesia, and involves making a small incision in the gum tissue to access the jawbone. The implant is then placed into the bone and the gum tissue is closed with sutures.
Healing: After implant placement, it is important to allow time for the implant to fuse with the bone in a process called osseointegration. This typically takes several months and involves the formation of new bone around the implant.
Abutment placement: Once osseointegration is complete, a small connector called an abutment is attached to the top of the implant. This serves as a base for the replacement tooth.
Crown placement: Finally, a custom-made crown is attached to the abutment, completing the dental implant process.
Throughout the process, your dental professional will monitor your progress and provide instructions for caring for your implant to ensure long-term success.
Schedule a Consultation
Do you want to learn more about Implants and various options and specials ?
Call Texan smile to schedule a free consultation with Dr.Xavier.
What we offer
Texan Smile Sugar Land team is educated and experienced in planning, prepping and providing Implants Coupled with our simple and easy payment plans, getting your treatment at Texan Smile is the best choice.
Experienced and trained Implant provider
Best deals on Implants
Payment Plans available
We offer complete Dental Care
We accept all major insurances
Highly rated clinic and staff
Dental Implant alternatives
There are several alternatives to dental implants, depending on your specific situation and needs. Some of these alternatives include:
- Dentures: Dentures are removable appliances that are designed to replace multiple missing teeth. They can be made of acrylic, metal, or a combination of materials, and can be customized to fit your mouth.
- Bridges: Dental bridges are fixed appliances that are used to replace one or more missing teeth. They consist of a false tooth or teeth that are anchored to neighboring teeth with dental crowns.
- Resin-bonded bridges: Resin-bonded bridges, also known as Maryland bridges, are similar to traditional bridges, but use a metal or ceramic framework that is bonded to the back of adjacent teeth.
- Removable partial dentures: Removable partial dentures are similar to complete dentures, but are designed to replace only a few missing teeth.
- Flipper: A flipper is a removable partial denture that is designed to replace one or more missing teeth. It is typically used as a temporary solution while a permanent restoration is being made.
- The best alternative for dental implants depends on several factors, including the location and number of missing teeth, your oral health, and your personal preferences. It is important to discuss your options with a dental professional to determine the best course of treatment for your individual needs.
Are Dental Implants Safe ?
Yes, dental implants are considered a safe and effective option for replacing missing teeth. They have been used for decades and have a high success rate. However, as with any medical or dental procedure, there are some potential risks and complications that should be considered.
Potential issues with Dental Implants
Some potential risks of dental implants may include:
- Infection at the implant site
- Damage to surrounding teeth, nerves, or blood vessels
- Implant failure, which can occur if the implant does not properly fuse with the bone
- Allergic reactions to the implant material
- Pain, swelling, or discomfort during or after the procedure
- Complications with the anesthesia used during the procedure
To minimize the risk of complications, it is important to choose an experienced dental professional who is trained in dental implant placement and to follow all pre- and post-operative instructions carefully. It is also important to maintain good oral hygiene habits and attend regular dental check-ups to ensure the long-term success of your implant.
Dental Implants Cost
The cost of dental implants can vary widely depending on several factors, including the number of teeth being replaced, the materials used, the location of the dental practice, and the experience and training of the dentist performing the procedure.
In general, the cost of a single dental implant can range from $1,000 to $4,000 or more, while the cost of multiple implants to replace several teeth can be upwards of $30,000 or more.
It’s important to note that while dental implants may have a higher upfront cost than other tooth replacement options such as dentures or bridges, they are often considered a long-term investment in your oral health and can provide benefits such as improved function, aesthetics, and bone preservation over time.
It’s recommended to consult with a dentist or oral surgeon to get a personalized estimate of the cost of dental implants based on your individual needs and circumstances. Additionally, dental insurance plans may offer some coverage for dental implants, so it’s important to check with your provider for details.
Come in for a free consultation, and our team will work with you to put together a treatment plan that fits you.
Use the form here to send us a quick note and our staff will get back to you right away